작성일
수정일
작성자
김인경
조회수

[세미나] Utah State University 지정영 교수 초청 세미나 개최(11일, 월)

우리 대학원 BK사업단 주관으로 Utah State University의 지정영 교수님을 모시고 세미나를 개최하오니

관심 있는 분들의 많은 참여 부탁드립니다.

- 일시 : 2019 3 11 () 오전 1030

- 장소 : 10연구동 304

- 연사 : 지정영 교수 (Utah State University)

- 초청: 이해준 교수님

- 제목 :  A moment approach to plasma fluid/kinetic theory and closures

- 강연 내용 요약 : A system of exact fluid equations always involves more unknowns than equations. This is called the closure problem. An important aspect of obtaining quantitative closures is an accurate account of collisional effects. Recently, analytical calculations of the Landau (Fokker-Planck) collision operator as well the derivation of an infinite hierarchy of moment equations have been carried out using expansions for the distribution function in terms of irreducible Hermite polynomials. In this talk, I will present solutions to the moment hierarchy that provide closure for the set of five-moment fluid equations. In the collisional limit, improved Braginskii closures are obtained by increasing the number of moments and considering the ion-electron collision effects. For magnetized plasmas, I highlight the effect of long mean free path and derive parallel integral closures for arbitrary collisionality. Finally, I will show how the integral closures can be used to study radial transport due to magnetic field fluctuations and electron parallel transport for arbitrary collisionality.

첨부파일
첨부파일이(가) 없습니다.