- Professor, Pusan National Univ. (Dean of the school of mechanical engineering)
- Director of Pusan Clean Energy Research Institute
- Organizing professor Department of Thermal Power Combustion Engineering
- Affiliated Professor, POSCO
- Director, PNU-KOSPO CFBC Research Center
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Tsinghua University
- Director, PNU-KOEN Biomass Fuel Combustion Center
Pusan Clean Energy Research lnstitute(PCERI)
take the first step to leap forward.
Thermal power plants account for 60% of the total power generation in Korea. Coal plants produce the majority, creating 70% of that power. But, nowadays, it is crucial to prepare for future issues that can arise, such as worldwide environmental regulations of CO2 and NOx, the reinforcement of RPS and blended low rank coals for economic feasibility and increasing the use of biomass.
Pusan Clean Coal Center (PCCC) is supported by 5 power companies in Korea and The Supporting Projects for University Research Center. We establish and create a database of the physical/chemical characteristics of coals and their combustion, as well as institute technologies of analysis. These include human resource development systems and boiler simulations for the prediction of combustion technologies to produce solutions for the future.
In addition, as the em-friendly energy market is rapidly expanding in line with changes in national energy policy, we take the first step to leap forward by expand the research scope from em-friendly power generation technology to hydrogen and fludized bed, with a promotion of PNU Pusan Clean Energy Research lnstitute.
Director Prof. Chung-Hwan Jeon